With Christmas just around the corner now is a good time to start de-cluttering your home. Whether you are making room for the new toys, finding space for the Christmas tree or just want your home looking its best for your guests, having a pre-Christmas clear out is a great way to minimise stress this festive season. Here’s our top 5 tips to de-clutter your home just in time for Christmas:
1. A cupboard a day keeps the stress away - make a list of all the areas in your home you need to de-clutter and set aside realistic time for each space. Try to do a bit each day rather than the whole house at once -this way you’ll stay motivated.
2. Storage solutions - storage can really transform your home. Whether you are boxing up seasonal items to store in the attic, erecting shelving or placing baskets around a room, storage is a great way to ensure everything has a home. Try the Garden Trading Oak Ladder shelf, this leaning shelving system is perfect for everything from books, DVD and photo frames. Whereas the leaning designs enables the whole unit to be moved from room to room depending on where it is needed. Or for an completely clutter-free feel keep belongings in cupboards and draws instead of out on display. The casa bamboo unit is perfect for storing house hold objects whilst the clean white design adds character and charm to your room.
3. A time for giving - during the festive period you can become wrapped up in your own little bubble. Giving to charity is a great way to make a difference, and will keep you motivated. Give old household items to charity shops and blankets and towels to homeless shelters or kennels.
4. De-clutter decorations - with the Christmas trimmings only making an appearance once a year, it is easy to put them all in a box and forgot about them. This year take the time to clear out any old or broken lights and ornaments that you know you won’t use again. Refresh you collection and keep the original packaging for easy storage for years to come.
5. Keep it clean - give your home a good clean before your decorations go up, this will make keeping on top of the housework easier during the lead up to Christmas. A clean home will also instantly look less cluttered. A cordless vacuum is the perfect household accessory for quick and easy ‘touch ups’ throughout the week. Try the Dyson V6 Absolute for hassle free cleaning in every room of your house.