With the weather being decidedly changeable at the moment, we've pulled together a list of things to do this August Bank Holiday weekend.
- Saturday Night at the Movies - With indoor cinemas opening back up, you can now visit selected cinemas to watch the latest releases. If you don't fancy venturing out, it's a great idea to host a movie event at home - make your own popcorn and try out sweet and savoury flavour combinations. If the rain holds off and you're lucky enough to have a projector, why not host the event in the garden complete with fairy lights and cosy up under a blanket.
- Pick up a paint brush - With months worth of glorious weather behind us and our gardens having had extra levels of TLC, it may be the right time to think about re-decorating indoors. We're sure that Pinterest and Instagram have provided plenty of lockdown home inspiration and what better time to start making those home decor goals a reality? Our stores are full of home inspiration and everything you need to complete your decorating project including; wallpaper, paint and accessories.
- Pamper Yourself - Enjoy some self indulgent "me time" and enjoy a relaxing time with face masks, body scrubs and bubble baths.
- Get Cooking - Another great idea to keep children occupied and bring the entire family together, plus there will be treats to enjoy afterwards. Our Get Cooking page is full of cooking inspiration.
- Get Crafting - What better way to enjoy a gloomy day? Little craft projects are a perfect way to keep you occupied when the rain is beating down outside - it's also a great way to keep the children occupied. If you're feeling extra creative, you can go one step beyond craft and attempt a furniture up-cycle project. Our stores are full of chalky and satin finish furniture paints as well as spray paints to complete your project.
There's also plenty to do outdoors if the sun does decide to make an appearance. From the beautiful beaches and mountains of Wales to the fabulous scenic countryside in the West of England and sprawling grounds of manor houses and parks in the Midlands, there is still so much of the UK for us to explore. Why not search online for things to do in your local area?
What ever you decide to do this Bank Holiday, have fun and stay safe!