Time to get excited, World Chocolate Day is upon us! 7th July marks the day where globally we celebrate the sweet snack that we all love, chocolate. With so many variations, flavour combinations and chocolatey desserts there will be no problem indulging in one of our favourite foods. Whether you love snacking on a chocolate bar, enjoying chocolate ice cream on a summer's day, or devouring a brownie for dessert, there is a chocolate out there for everyone! What makes this day even better, is that you don't have to try hard to take part. You can simply appreciate eating some chocolate on a day reserved especially for it.
However, if you feel like putting in a bit more effort than just eating a chocolate bar that you have in the cupboard, we have the perfect super chocolatey recipe for you.
Brownies make a delicious snack or dessert and are an easy way to make sure your whole family can indulge in chocolate this World Chocolate Day. Read on to learn how to make this simple but delicious chocolatey delight.
You will need:
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 50g white chocolate
- 50g milk chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
Before you start, heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas mark & line a 20cm tin with greaseproof paper.
- cut the butter & chocolate into small chunks and place in a medium bowl. Place the bowl on top of a saucepan of hot water and put on low heat until the butter/chocolate mix has melted. Once melted remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a separate larger bowl and prepare the milk and white chocolate by breaking it into chunks.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until they have a thick and creamy consistency. Use an electric whisk for this. When its whisked, pour over the cooled chocolate and fold in a figure of 8 with a spatula.
- Resift the cocoa powder and flour combined into the mixture and fold in a figure of 8 again. When all the flour mix is folded in, add the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and level the top. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- When it has a shiny and papery crust, and the edges are coming away from the tin, you know it's ready.
- Take out the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Once cooled you can cut into whatever size bites you want.
- Serve with ice cream and strawberries. Delicious.
This is quite a simple brownie recipe but you cannot get more chocolatey if you tried! You can also add nuts, salted caramel or any extra toppings and ingredients you like to make it perfect for you.
Take a look at some of our other recipes on our Get Cooking page :
Whichever way you choose to spend your World Chocolate Day, we hope it's delicious!