Celebrate Chinese New Year in style with this heavenly Chinese recipe. This dish is easy to make and super delicious. Explore our recommended products to help you create the perfect Chinese New Year meal today.
4 medium firm white fish fillets, such as cod or haddock
1½tbsp finely shredded root ginger
2tbsp light soy sauce
2tsp dark soy sauce
3tbsp spring onions, finely shredded
1tbsp groundnut oil
2tsp sesame oil
Handful of coriander sprigs, to garnish
1. Pat the fish fillets dry with kitchen paper if needed, and season. Put on a heatproof plate and scatter over the shredded ginger.
2. Pour water into a wok or deep pan to a depth of 1-2in and insert a steaming rack. If you don’t have a steaming rack, use an upturned heatproof dish to make a trivet.
3. Put the pan on a high heat and bring the water to the boil.
4. Put the plate of fish on the steaming rack or heatproof dish. Cover with a lid and gently steam for 10-12 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flaky.
5. Remove the fish from the wok and divide between 4 plates. Drizzle over the light and dark soy sauces and scatter over the spring onions. Heat the oils in a small pan until smoking hot and carefully pour over each piece of fish. It will sizzle a little.
6. Scatter over the coriander and serve immediately.
# 0% APR Representative. Credit subject to status and affordability. Terms & Conditions Apply. Leekes act as a credit broker and are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit is provided by NOVUNA Consumer Finance, a division of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register no. 704348. The register can be accessed through https://www.fca.org.uk