1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose or white whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put two tablespoons butter in a glass 9X13-inch baking dish and pop the pan in the oven while it preheats (if it's taking a while to mix up the batter, keep an eye on the dish so the butter doesn't burn; take it out when the butter is melted).
2. Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla in a blender and process on low speed until smooth, 10-20 seconds. Add the flour and salt and blend until just combined; the batter should be smooth but take care not to over blend or the pancakes may turn out dense and cakey.
3. Take the preheated, buttered pan out of the oven and swirl the butter to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour the batter into the pan and immediately return to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until the pancake is puffy and lightly browned on the bottom and edges.
4. Serve immediately with jam, butter syrup, maple syrup or whatever else your heart desires.
5. For the butter syrup, in a larger than you think saucepan (it will foam and triple in volume at the end), combine the sugar, buttermilk and butter and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the vanilla and baking soda until well-combined. Serve warm over pancakes.
# 0% APR Representative. Finance is subject to status, conditions apply.
Credit is provided by Hitachi Consumer Finance, a trading style of Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
When you make an enquiry about the goods or services Leekes supply or you purchase/order goods or services from Leekes, you will need to provide us with certain personal information relating to you.
Your privacy is extremely important to us so we want you to know exactly how we will use that personal information.
Our full privacy notice setting out detailed information about matters such as what personal information we use, for what purpose we use it, what our legal basis for doing so is and who we share your personal information with, can be viewed on our website https://www.leekes.co.uk/privacy-policy
If you would prefer to see a hard copy please ask the sales person for a copy.
We will use the personal information you have provided to us to provide you with information about other similar goods and services Leekes offer which may be of interest to you, including details of any promotional offers or competitions.
If you do not wish to receive such communications please advise one of our team who will update our records.