With Mother’s Day around the corner, why don’t you spoil your mother with this beautiful French toast. This recipe serves two people so you can enjoy it too! This French classic can be enjoyed with fruit or mix it up with banana and Nutella filling. Take a look at our recommended products to help you create the perfect French toast.
1. Put the berries inside a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar, leave to soften for 30 minutes.
2. Cover the centre of each slice of brioche with a mound of softened fruits, leaving a border around each slice.
3. Cover with the other 2 slices and press with your hands to flatten the toasts. Keep the fruit juices in the bottom of the bowl for later.
4. Put a bit of oil inside a frying pan, not much but enough to slightly cover the bottom of the pan and take to the heat.
5. Mix the milk with the vanilla and dip both sides of the toasts into the milk, pressing to remove the excess, then dip them into the beaten eggs and fry on both sides until golden, which takes just a couple of minutes.
6. Place the toasts on top of kitchen paper to drain the oil.
7. Cut each toast in half, dust with icing sugar and serve with Greek yogurt drizzled with the fruit juices and berries to taste.
Special Price £10
Save £15.80RRP: £79
Special Price £96
Save £24RRP: £120