1. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan) and grease a deep 20cm round cake tin with a little butter and line the base with parchment paper.
2. To make the cake place the pistachios into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground (to prevent the nuts forming a paste you can add a tbsp of the flour to the processor).
3. Place the butter into a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, beat until light and creamy about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and the orange zest and beat together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating until fully combined. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together, add the pistachios and mix together. Add the dry goods to the butter mixture and gently fold together until combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and gently level out
5. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and when a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, if the cake is browning too quickly lightly cover with a piece of foil.
6. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. To finish the cake sprinkle with extra chopped pistachios and the seeds from a pomegranate.
7. Because this cake is made with ground nuts it keeps brilliantly, at least 4 days if kept in a sealed container.
# 0% APR Representative. Finance is subject to status, conditions apply.
Credit is provided by Hitachi Consumer Finance, a trading style of Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
When you make an enquiry about the goods or services Leekes supply or you purchase/order goods or services from Leekes, you will need to provide us with certain personal information relating to you.
Your privacy is extremely important to us so we want you to know exactly how we will use that personal information.
Our full privacy notice setting out detailed information about matters such as what personal information we use, for what purpose we use it, what our legal basis for doing so is and who we share your personal information with, can be viewed on our website https://www.leekes.co.uk/privacy-policy
If you would prefer to see a hard copy please ask the sales person for a copy.
We will use the personal information you have provided to us to provide you with information about other similar goods and services Leekes offer which may be of interest to you, including details of any promotional offers or competitions.
If you do not wish to receive such communications please advise one of our team who will update our records.