For the crumble mixture
250g cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
400g plain flour
200g golden caster sugar
A pinch salt
For the filling
700g rhubarb, trimmed, chopped into 3cm pieces
2 tbsp golden caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
Half a lemon, juice only
A knob of unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Place all the ingredients for the crumble mixture in a large bowl.
3. Rub the butter into the flour, sugar and salt, and lightly combine the mixture through your fingers.
4. Pile the rhubarb into a buttered earthenware dish. Sprinkle over with the sugar, pour over the lemon juice and distribute the flakes of butter over the fruit.
5. Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture and sprinkle over a little extra golden caster sugar. Place into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden on top and the rhubarb juices are oozing around the edges of the dish.
6. Serve with a generous dollop of Guernsey cream.